Sunday 15 December 2013

Cocktail Crawl.

Hello Everyone ! 
For ages I've been planning a trip around some of the best cocktail bars in Edinburgh. There is so many good ones in the Burgh and I wish I could have got round them all, although my liver probably  disagrees. I chose these four simply because every time I've been I've had an excellent experience. Me and Casey started out Journey at: 

1. Bar Kohl  
We started our journey at the wonderful bar kohl. After attending there birthday bash I had to pop in again for another fresh cocktail. I had a 'Garden Bramble':Hendrick's gin, cucumber, fresh lemon juice, sugar syrup & lejay creme de mure. Case had the 'Pear shaped': Sailor Jerry , Xante pear liquer , fresh lime juice , cinnamon syrup and fresh apple juice. I love the ambiance in bar Kohl, the low lighting sets the tone perfectly.

2. Dragonfly

Our second stop was the lovely Dragonfly bar on West bow. I love the quirkiness of Dragonfly, the cute mezzanine level looking over to the space below. It's a great wee cosy spot to enjoy their wonderful  cocktails. I can't exactly remember what was in mine but I remember it tasted damn fine. Casey had an espresso martini which was delicious as well. 

3. 52 Canoes 
Our 3rd stop was a very colourful little place down the West end. It's a tiki themed den with mismatching furniture and lots of interesting bits and bobs. We managed to grab one of the last tables as it was absolutely packed! My cocktail was a gingery delight. Casey went for a cheeky pina colada. Definitely worth a look. The food menu also looks spectacular. 

4. Bramble


Our last stop was Bramble on Queen street. This underground hide out is a stunning example of a good cocktail bar. The drinks are unique and beautiful. Good music blasting and tasty drinks, what else do you need... 

All of the bars we visited were excellent and there's so many more to try, all in good time my friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment